Friday, February 8, 2013

To My Love

Ten Years today love.

I could never have imagined ten years ago where we are today- Back in college, living in the Northwest, four children...
Things certainly haven't gone the way we imagined all those years ago, but I love where we are now.

February 8th, 2003 Just young kids starting out!

2004 brought sweet Taylor Marie, and I started college. We moved from Salt Lake City to Sandy.

2005- We bought our first "official" house in Sandy

2006- I start Real Estate School, we start trying for baby number 2

 
2007- Success! We become pregnant with Jonathan, and he is born that September

2008- The year of the camp-outs! We bought our camper, and proceeded to thoroughly enjoy it at every opportunity!

2009- Pregnant with number 3, Asher. That December he threw a curve ball at us at our 20 week ultrasound, where we learned about his heart defect.

2010- Asher is born that April, on my birthday no less! We bravely enter the Heart World. Asher has surgery #1 that May (Taylor's birthday).
We fly to Stanford September 2010 (Jonathan's birthday) for Asher's BIG surgery, #2.   
We make it through it all smiling.
October 2010, we get a BIG surprise- we are pregnant with baby #4 (oops!).  
                                                      We end the year still smiling, though!

Thank you for always taking the time to play and be silly with the kids
 2011- Through it all, we still have A LOT of fun.
We continue to enjoy the beauty of Utah's National Parks.  
 2011 also brought sweet baby Jacob into our lives.
 We still manage to make time for Us-
even going to outdoor concerts in the rain with our sweet new baby boy! Crazy Kids.
Sweet PaPa comforting his little man.
That fall brought surgery #3 for Asher. Thankfully, we were able to stay in Utah.
In 2011 we also decided that our family was COMPLETE, with our four beautiful children.

2012- They year of change! We make the BIG decision to have you go back to school, we sell our house, and take huge leap and move to Washington!  
 We say goodbye to our home of 7 years
 Make the long drive
 And say hello to our new home in Issaquah.

This journey we are on has been amazing so far my love. I cannot imagine having anyone else by my side.


"Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove
Dance me to the end of love
Dance me to the end of love..."
"Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on..."
"Dance me to the children who are asking to be born
Dance me through the curtains that our kisses have outworn
Raise a tent of shelter now, though every thread is torn
Dance me to the end of love"
-Leonard Cohen

Thank you love for being who you are, for loving me through it all. Thank you for being willing to take these crazy risks with me, for being so dedicated, and staying with me through the end. You are truly my partner, and I am so excited to see where the next ten years will take us.

Happy Anniversary Adam

1 comment: