Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby Jacob has Arrived!

Our newest little bundle, Jacob Levi James, joined our family Wednesday July 20th at 1:37 am! He is absolutely adorable; he weighs 8 lbs 2 oz and is 21 1/2 inches long.

Labor started Tuesday night at 7:30 pm; we waited until after 10 pm to head to the hospital ( I needed to wait for my mother in law to be able to come watch the kids! Plus, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a false alarm). We got to the University and they checked me at 11 pm; I was already 5 cm dilated, and contractions were coming 2 minutes apart! We got settled into our room, and contractions started getting more intense. I was going to have this baby without any pain relief, so we filled up the tub in my room and I was so grateful to labor in it; it really eased the contractions and made it easier to relax. Just as I was thinking delivering naturally was a mistake, my midwife checked me, and I was almost a 10! So, I hopped out of the tub, and into bed. 9 minutes later, Jacob arrived! Definitely my easiest, and fastest, delivery. (Taylor was a c-section, Jon I had an epidural, labored 26 hours, and pushed for 2 1/2 hours, Asher was a pitocin-induced, natural delivery that lasted 7 hours and I pushed for 30 minutes). I couldn't believe Jacob was so big! Over 8 lbs, and I am not a big person- barely 5'3"! And he was 2 weeks early!

We just came home from the hospital today; the day after Jacob was born, I had my tubes tied, also, so I stayed a little longer. We are DEFINITELY done having kids. The procedure was more painful than I thought it would be, though! So much for an easy recovery. And, while driving home from the hospital today, we discovered that percocet makes me motion-sick; I threw up 4 times over the 30 minute drive. Yuck!

Now I'm looking to take it easy and recover from all of this; I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance to load some!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Whew for an easy delivery! You deserve that for sure!I'm soooo glad all is well. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete