Monday, September 5, 2011

The "Fishy" Park

I'm not thrilled with the parks in Sandy. I think they are all very boring and basic. I go very much out of the way to take my kids to parks that I think are fun, interesting, and creative. Sometimes this means I drive 20-30 minutes away. And inevitably, during the drive, the following conversation occurs:

Kids: Where are we going?

Me: To "X" Park

Kids: No! We want to go to the Fishy park!


And then I have to convince them that they do not really want to go to the fishy park, and the park I want to go to is better. They end up having fun, but-.


What is the "Fishy" park? A park a mile away from my house, with a bridge on one part of the playset with a large fish on the outside. I do not know why my kids like this park soo much.

There are no swings.
There are no bathrooms

The slides are terrible- either slow, or too bumpy and steep

But my kids adore this park

There are lots of monkey bars

And my kids are definitely monkeys


Even Asher is getting in on the monkey action.





So Saturday, when I was going absolutely stir crazy trying to keep Asher quarantined so he doesn't get sick, we went to the Fishy park. And the Fishy park at dinner time on a Saturday is a ghost town, which is exactly what you want when you are trying to keep a toddler healthy. The kids were in heaven.


FYI first thing in the morning Asher has his echocardiogram. I will update tommorow letting you know how it goes!




















No comments:

Post a Comment