Thursday, December 2, 2010

Busy Times

Here is one of my latest pics of Jon- pre camera-death

Holy cow, it has been a long time since I last posted. Sorry! Life has been super busy around here. We had a great thanksgiving, and absolutely stuffed ourselves. I made some stellar mashed potatoes, I must say. Unfortunately, I over planned (what, 36 people wont eat 20 lbs of potatoes?) and brought home a crock pot full of them. We are officially sick of potatoes at my house. I finally used up the last of it last night; I got creative and turned it into potato cheese soup. Yummy!




While at my sister-in-law's house, Adam decided to get his back waxed. Yes, you read that right. My niece is just finishing beauty school, so Adam had her do it that night, while everyone was still there! Oh well. Now he knows how pleasant waxing is. Taylor also got her hair cut into a super cute bob. However, my camera decided to die on me, so I don't have any pics of it. But it is absolutely adorable. She wasn't so thrilled. That night, she woke up at 6 am, crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she was upset because we didn't ask how she wanted her hair, I just did what I wanted, and it was too short. Sad! I spent the whole next day convincing her how cute it was, and how it shows off her pretty face more. Now she thinks she needs all new clothes to go with her new hair!

We are getting into the Christmas spirit around here. I did all of my Christmas shopping in one day! Whew! The kids and I had fun the day before thanksgiving listening to carols and putting up the tree. I have the house partially decorated- I need to put the finishing touches on the garlands. I also got very ambitious one day, and made a cut wreath out of an old book. Very pottery barn-ish, though I jazzed mine up with glitter on the edges and a huge bow, to give more of a Holiday look. Once I get my camera working, I'll take some pics. Oh, and one night I put together a gingerbread house with the kids. It was almost a disaster, While we were decorating it the roof started sliding and one wall started caving in. But some emergency surgery saved it, and now almost all of the candy has already been eaten off of it!


Taylor is doing well in school and creative dance, though her class is almost done. Jon is thriving at pre-school. We have a busy Christmas season planned; Church Christmas party, Forgotten Carols, Nutcracker, Hopekids Christmas Party, Book Club, Hopekids Movie Day, Miracle on Third and Main (a play), not to mention Adam's Birthday and Christmas itself, plus doctor appointments (for Asher and myself) mixed in. Yikes! I better not lose my calendar!


Asher started his Synagis injections this week. It is a vaccine for RSV. He gets one shot in each leg, every month, for the next 5 months. Poor guy, as soon as I took off his clothes at the pediatricians, he knew something was up and started crying. But he is a trooper, and didn't cry too much after. Hopefully we can stay illness free this winter!


That's all for now. I have a quilt I need to get to. You should see my sewing table- it is an absolute mess of unfinished projects! What a joke. I'll post pics of life as soon as I get a functioning camera!


P.S. Jon is officially potty trained! Woo Hoo!









No comments:

Post a Comment