Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Heart" Attack

So, I'm downstairs watching "Glee" on my DVR at about 9 pm tonight. I decide I want to go upstairs and get something to eat. As I come up the stairs, I see the shadow of someone in the window next to the front door. I freeze instantly; honestly I'm a little frightened someone might be trying to break in. Then I notice the outline of hearts in the window, and realize someone is putting hearts up! So, I tip toe downstairs to let them finish. In my mind I'm thinking this must be a mistake. Who would heart attack our house? We don't have any teenagers here. So, I call Adam, who is on his way home from work. When he pulls up, he scares the snot out of them (they aren't done yet!) and so they lay down on the stairs to try and hide! I think if Adam didn't know they were there, maybe he wouldn't have seen them. So, he pulls in to the garage and closes it and pretends he doesn't know anything is up. No sooner does he come in, then they hightail it out of there. So, I turn on the porch light to see what they've done.
A very sweet Primary in another Ward heart attacked us. All of the hearts have sweet little messages on them for Asher. When we left for California, our bishop e-mailed the Stake to let them know. Word got around about our sweet little Asher's heart, and this ward decided to do this for us, to let us know that we are loved in our time of need.
(We are LDS. A bishop is like a Pastor. Our church is divided into "Stakes", which are divided into "Wards". In Utah, a ward is typically made up of a few blocks of houses in your neighborhood (A few hundred people are in each ward). Primary is what we call the organization within our church for children. FYI.)

This is the most hilarious heart that one of the kids wrote:


So cute!

Here is the message that was left from the Primary President:

"This year in Primary our theme is "I know that my Savior Loves Me". We know that this is true for each of heavenly Father's children. He loves us so much that not only did he give his life for us, but he showed us what we can do to be like Him and return to live with Him. He has suffered not only for our sins but also that he may know our sorrows and feel our pain; that He might know how to comfort us in times of greatest need. We know that He is mindful of each of us and have faith that He will be with you and your family at this time."


Such a heart warming moment. Thank you.




2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! It was great seeing you guys, you're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that note..."You're a little guy with a big problem!" :)

    That was so sweet of them to do!

    ReplyDelete