Friday, October 8, 2010

Well, Asher seems to be doing better. The swelling has gone down, and he is in a better mood. The smiles are back! I don't know what caused it, but I'm glad it seems to be going away!
I'm starting to get used to being home, and I'm getting caught up on everything! There seems to be not enough time in the day. That, and we are keeping Asher at home, which makes it harder to get some things done (Buying milk at the gas station so I don't have to take him inside of a store!).
I picked grapes yesterday with the kids, which was a nice change of pace. They mad a fort under my neighbor's grapevines, and were eating grapes in it, which was really cute! Too bad I hadn't charged my camera's batteries. Tomorrow I'll be making grape juice with them. Yumm!
Here are photos from Asher's surgery day; I can't believe how far he has come in such a short amount of time. Less than two weeks ago, this was my life!
Asher's "tree of life". These are all of the meds he was on immediately after surgery.

Cute little toes!

Poor baby. He looks so peaceful, though.

I can't believe it is even possible to hook up so many things to such a little guy. He will have the best scar to show off when he's older, though!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the swelling is going down. He will have some sweet scars. My Braden calls his a zipper. It's pretty funny. I swear the worst scars are from the chest tubes. Get some Mederma, as soon as the scab is gone use it- it is wonders! Braden's incision marks look like pencil lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tree of Life"! Love that!
    Have fun making juice! :)

    ReplyDelete